MONONGAHELA, Pa. - A community is mourning the loss of a local teenager.
Channel 11's Courtney Brennan talked to Pastor Gregg Anders about the death of his 14-year-old daughter who he says committed suicide after being bullied relentlessly.
This is Samantha. She was 14. She loved art, poetry & played 10 musical instruments. Last week, Sam committed suicide in her backyard... pic.twitter.com/MJtfF3cMxy— Courtney Brennan (@WPXI_Courtney) October 9, 2018
Anders just buried his daughter last week and is speaking out to share his daughter, Sammie's, story and to raise awareness the issue of bullying and its devastating consequences.
- Car strikes several students walking home from school
- Someone stole $80K from Antonio Brown day before he hurled furniture, police say
- 3 children possibly suffering from polio-like disease being treated at Children's Hospital
- VIDEO: Argument over ladder leads to shooting, standoff
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.