WEST MIFFLIN, Pa. - Channel 11 was in the court room when former West Mifflin High School psychology teacher James Horgan entered a guilty plea to the sexual assault of an 18-year-old student.
As part of the plea agreement, Horgan was sentenced to five years probation he will have to register as a Megan’s Law offender for 25 years as well as have no Internet access or even carry a cell phone.
The victim's mother and father read impact statement to the judge both of them crying uncontrollably as they spoke of how Horgan used his position of trust to pray on their daughters vulnerability.
Channel 11 also spoke with Horgan's attorney outside court who told us his client is filled with regret.
The solicitor for the West Mifflin School District told Channel 11 Horgan, who has not been allowed back at school since the charges were first brought, will be terminated at the next school board meeting.
Horgan left the court room with his wife by his side without speaking to channel 11.
- 19-year-old arrested for New Castle triple homicide
- LIVE UPDATES: Confessed murderer of Pitt student will spend life in prison without parole
- Son of local basketball coach fighting polio-like disease at Children's Hospital
- VIDEO: Marijuana legal in Canada
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2018 Cox Media Group.