FOX CHAPEL, Pa. - UPDATE 9/23: Officials from the Fox Chapel School District announced that Kerr Elementary School will reopen on Monday after it was closed for two days due to mold.
ORIGINAL STORY 9/19: Two more days out of the classroom for students at one elementary school in the Fox Chapel School District.
The district announced Wednesday that Kerr Elementary School would be closed Thursday and Friday of this week due to mold.
The school has been closed since last Friday, one day after mold was found in three rooms in the school.
Kerr Elementary School will be closed on Thursday and Friday due to the mold discovered last week.— Fox Chapel Area SD (@FCASD) September 19, 2018
We are doing everything possible to reopen the school on Monday. (1/2)
The district is contracting with environmental professionals specializing in mold for pre- and post-remediation testing, a mold remediation company and an HVAC contractor to reinsulate the mechanical system, which is where we believe the mold originated. (2/2)— Fox Chapel Area SD (@FCASD) September 19, 2018
"We hope to have it resolved quickly," said Bonnie Berzonski, coordinator of communications for Fox Chapel Area School District.
The district said it hopes to reopen the school on Monday.
- Man who bought wrong beer shot to death; 2 men charged
- 670-mph hyperloop from Ohio to Chicago moves closer with new regulations
- Are Bert and Ernie gay? 'Sesame Street' weighs in on ex-writer's comments
- VIDEO: Great white shark lair discovered in middle of Pacific Ocean, dubbed ‘White Shark Café’
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.