SHALER TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A Shaler Township man is behind bars days after his 4-week-old daughter was hospitalized with multiple skull fractures, bone fractures and bruising.
Police said the infant was taken to her primary care doctor's office on Sept. 11 because she had not eaten for nearly two days.
According to investigators, the doctor noted that the infant had multiple bruises on her face and abdomen. At that point, the baby was taken to Children's Hospital in critical condition.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive breaking news alerts. CLICK HERE to find out how.
While at the hospital, the infant was diagnosed with multiple skull fractures, 19 rib fractures, leg fractures and a left arm fracture.
After a brief investigation, police arrested and charged the girl's father in connection with her injuries.
Jamie Easley, 40, is being charged with one count of aggravated assault and endangering the welfare of children. He is currently being held in the Allegheny County jail without bond.
Doctors said the baby's mother was crying and emotionally distraught the entire time they were with her at the hospital. The mother has not been charged with any crime.
- Pa. lawmaker facing child pornography possession charges has resigned, Senate leaders say
- Pirates player Felipe Vazquez facing statutory sex assault, among other charges
- Police officer accused of sexually assaulting woman in police vehicle
- VIDEO: Pirates closer Felipe Vazquez denied bail, facing more charges
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.