A man is dead after being shot in the head Saturday afternoon in Duquesne.
Officers responded to the scene in the 100 block of Grant Avenue after 4:30 p.m., according to Allegheny County Police. They found a man in a car suffering from a gunshot wound.
The victim, Bronson Szallar, 22, was taken to a hospital, where he died, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office.
Two men were seen fleeing the scene, police said. Channel 11's Erin Clarke saw police put a man into a police car, but it's not clear if he is a suspect.
- Who was Snochia Moseley, alleged gunman at the Rite Aid distribution center?
- Here's what happened when scientists gave octopuses ecstasy
- Man killed in Duquesne shooting
- VIDEO: 3D-Printed Gun Creator Cody Wilson, Wanted on Child Sex Charge, Arrested at Taiwan Hotel
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Mayor Nickole Nesby later stopped by the crime scene and told Channel 11 that the community's broader issues create an environment for tragic crimes.
“We have been dying in these areas for years,” she said. “We definitely need to spark some improvement in our education system as well as job training and job development and economic development in the Mon Valley to prevent this from continuing to happen.”
© 2019 Cox Media Group.