A Pennsylvania state lawmaker plans to introduce legislation to eliminate Daylight Saving Time.
The bill would place Pennsylvania permanently on Eastern Standard Time.
"In the near future I will be introducing legislation to permanently place Pennsylvania on Eastern Standard Time and end the outdated ritual of 'springing forward and falling back.' Daylight Saving Time (DST), launched during World War I as an attempt to save energy, has outlived its usefulness," Diamond wrote in a memorandum to House members.
Rep. Russ Diamond, who is introducing the bill, says there are more negative side effects from changing clocks than benefits.
He cites research saying car crashes, workplace injuries, heart attacks, strokes, cluster headaches, miscarriages, depression and suicide all increase in the weeks following clock changes.
- Attorney: Chris Watts' daughter begged for her life after watching sister's murder
- Billboard about race sparks controversy along Route 422
- Dollar Tree to close nearly 400 Family Dollar stores, rebrand 200 others
- VIDEO: FDA Warns Asbestos found in some Claire's Makeup
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.