PITTSBURGH - A friend dared him to do it. That's what police said a 24-year-old central Pennsylvania man told them after he was arrested on the field at PNC Park during the Pirates game Sunday.
Police said officers working the game responded to a fan walking onto the field at about 3:40 p.m. Police said it was during the top of the 6th inning when he casually walked toward home plate and put his hand out looking for someone to shake it.
Police officers intervened, walking the man off the field and handcuffing him in front of the Philadelphia Phillies dugout.
The man, according to police, told officers a friend dared him to pull the stunt.
Police said he faces charges of trespassing and disorderly conduct.
- Costa Rican government issues warning on tainted alcohol, at least 19 dead
- Father killed after wave breaks his neck at North Carolina beach
- Troopers speak out against 'exit jumping' along interstates
- VIDEO: Police hold End of Watch Ceremony for Officer Calvin Hall
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.