• 10-month-old baby hospitalized after eating marijuana-laced gummy bear

    By: Shelby Lin Erdman, Cox Media Group National Content Desk

    Updated:

    ELKHART, Ind. - A 10-month-old Indiana baby was hospitalized after eating a marijuana-laced gummy bear.

    >> Read more trending news

    Police were called to an Elkhart hospital Friday after medical staffers determined the baby had ingested THC, according to WNDU-TV.

    Elkhart police are investigating how the child got a hold of the marijuana candy.

    “There’s neglect there. That child was put in danger. Whether or not it turns out to be something that’s criminal is something that we’ll have to look into,” Elkhart police Sgt. Chris Snyder told WNDU.

    While no arrests have been made in the case, Synder said charges are possible.

    The Indiana Department of Child Services is also involved in the case,

     

     

    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    10-month-old baby hospitalized after eating marijuana-laced gummy bear

  • Headline Goes Here

    2 police officers fired amid accusations they beat, kicked black man in face

  • Headline Goes Here

    Prince Harry called ex Chelsy Davy before royal wedding, sources say

  • Headline Goes Here

    Man going door to door asking to fingerprint children is ‘legitimate,'…

  • Headline Goes Here

    President Donald Trump grants pardon to late boxer Jack Johnson