Baby and toddler product company Pampers has announced it will be providing thousands of changing tables in public restrooms across the country.
Grammy winner and father of two John Legend is joining the campaign in a new ad from the company. Pampers and Koala Kare will provide 5,000 changing tables in public restrooms in the U.S. and Canada.
“I am so excited to play a role in Pampers’ Love the Change campaign. I love being a hands-on dad, and it is so important that we acknowledge the active role dads are playing in their babies’ lives,” Legend said in a statement. “Spending time out and about with my kids is one of the greatest joys in my life, but it’s frustrating when I am out with Miles and the men’s restroom doesn’t have a baby changing table. I’m proud to support Pampers as it paves the way for more inclusive parenting by providing all of us dads out there with the tools we need to succeed.”
Father of three Donte Palmer went viral last year for posting a photo of himself squatting in a public restroom to change his son’s diaper.
Palmer used the hashtag #squatforchange to start a movement for changing tables in public restrooms, including for dads. The movement led to a partnership with Pampers.
Pampers hopes to have the changing tables in “high-need” North American restrooms by 2021.
- FBI looking for three of 33 people federally indicted on drug charges
- ‘What the heck?' Creepy creature shows up on security cam, leaves homeowner dumbfounded
- College student uses Snapchat's gender swap feature to catch cop accused of seeking underage hookup
- VIDEO: Triple shooting during graduation party at Airbnb leaves 1 dead
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.