LYONS, N.Y. - A New York farm worker will receive a 20-year prison sentence in the 2018 deaths of his girlfriend and her 1-year-old boy, officials said.
Recovery effort underway in Sodus for missing baby Owen. His mother Selena Hidalgo-Calderon’s body was found in a bag in the woods. Her boyfriend now facing charges. https://t.co/NS7XAQSBJD— Carlet Cleare (@ccleare) May 25, 2018
According to WHAM-TV, 27-year-old Alberto Ebarado Gutierre-Reyes, aka Everardo Donoteo-Reyes, of Mexico, pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter charges under a deal accepted last week, attorneys said. His sentencing is set for Nov. 7, the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reported.
Gutierre-Reyes, of Mexico, originally faced second-degree murder charges in the deaths of Selena Hidalgo-Calderon, 18, and her son, Owen, WHAM reported. The mother and son vanished in May 2018, prompting a massive, multi-day search in Sodus.
Crews later discovered their remains at Joy Road farm, where Gutierre-Reyes and Hidalgo-Calderon shared a home and worked, according to the Democrat & Chronicle.
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger out for season after elbow injury
- It's just a drill: You might see low-flying helicopters, hear explosions this week in Pittsburgh
- School custodian comforts student with autism in heartwarming viral photo
- VIDEO: girl, 10, contracts brain-eating amoeba while swimming in river, family says
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.