PHOENIX, Ariz. - An Arizona woman is facing drug possession and child abuse charges after a traffic stop in Prescott, Arizona.
When Samantha Jo Jones, 34, was pulled over on March 15, police found two children in the car without seat belts and who “were wet from urine and covered in Crayola marker,” authorities said, according to KNXV-TV.
- Man arrested in deadly shooting over parking
- Doorbell camera catches DoorDash driver sipping milkshake before delivering it
- Woman gives birth to twins 26 days after birth of first child
- VIDEO: Pittsburgh diabetics traveling to Canada to buy insulin
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Police also found severe abrasion and burns on the children ages 2 and 4, while changing their diapers.
As police were arresting Jones, she allegedly told troopers that she “just wanted the children to have their meth,” KNXV reported.
.@Arizona_DPS says a #Prescott mother whose children were found with bruises and burns told troopers she "just wanted the children to have their meth."https://t.co/34UD2PeRPo #abc15 pic.twitter.com/KhLUopEAUF— ABC15 Arizona (@abc15) March 27, 2019
Authorities also said they found meth hidden in a sunglass case in Jones’ car.
The Arizona Department of Child Safety took custody of the children for a health check.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.