HOUSTON, Texas - Talk about a real-life superwoman, Thelma Chiaka gave birth to three sets of twins within nine minutes.
She had two sets of twin boys and one set of twin girls weighing between one pound 12 ounces and two pounds 14 ounces. All are reportedly doing fine in the neonatal intensive care unit.
The historic birthing event took place earlier this month at the Woman's Hospital of Texas in Houston.
According to the staff there, the odds of having sextuplets is about one in 4.7 billion.
- Officers sit in patrol car while man is mauled by dog
- Texas boy missing since 2017 found in Florida, police say
- Man charged with murder after University of South Carolina student confirmed dead
- VIDEO: Man dies following crash involving motorcycle
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
COPYRIGHT 2019 WWW.CNN.COM. TURNER BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.