PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers are starting another week without running back Le'Veon Bell.
Another Monday without Le’Veon Bell? The players are in meetings at the Steelers facility, but Bell doesn’t appear to be there. I’m told “no one’s seen him.” Stay tuned. Practice starts at 10:45 #WPXI— Alby Oxenreiter (@albyox) October 22, 2018
Bell has been holding out since before training camp. The Steelers placed the franchise tag on him this season which Bell has yet to sign.
>>RELATED STORY: Report: Steelers offered Bell $47 million over 3 years
The team also placed the franchise tag on Bell last season, and despite skipping all of training camp, he did join the team for Week 1 of the 2017 season.
Second-year running back James Conner has been starting during Bell's absence.
WPXI's Alby Oxenreiter is at the Steelers' practice facility monitoring the situation. Refresh WPXI.com for updates.
- Good Samaritans help woman being robbed at ATM
- Former NFL player Rae Carruth released from NC prison
- High school senior killed in Brackenridge crash
- VIDEO: YouTube Star Leaves $10K Tip After Ordering 2 Waters
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.