PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Olli Maatta has been placed on the injured reserve list after suffering an upper body injury in Monday night's game against the Philadelphia Flyers.
Maatta, 24, will be out indefinitely, the team said.
Download the WPXI News App for the latest Pittsburgh Penguins news
The Penguins won Monday's game 4-1, but it wasn't without controversy.
Maatta has skated in 55 games this year, producing 13 points (1 goal, 12 assists).
Evengi Malkin, one of the team's biggest stars, swung his stick at a Flyers player. Malkin was issued a one-game suspension.
- Antonio Brown thanks Steelers Nation, tweets 'time to move on and forward'
- 2 arrested in possible kidnapping of woman bound in home
- Bill would charge pregnant women using drugs if baby is harmed, born addicted
- VIDEO: Boys stop to honor American flag in heartwarming viral photo
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.