The woman who played the matriarch of the Brady family on the soap opera “Days of Our Lives” has died.
Peggy McCay, who played Caroline Brady for more than 30 years, passed away Sunday of natural causes, TV Line reported.
She had a long career on the small screen in shows other than the classic soap, including “Gunsmoke,” “Cagney & Lacey,” “The Jeffersons” and “Bonanza,” TV Guide reported.
Deidre Hall, who plays Marlena on “Days,” took to her fanpage on Facebook to remember her castmate, calling McCay “a friend, an activist and a real scrapper!!”
- Father shares emotional story on daughter's death with hope of raising awareness on bullying
- Driver flees after fiery crash that killed motorcyclist
- $548 million Mega Millions jackpot up for grabs
- VIDEO: 3 children possibly suffering from polio-like disease being treated at Children's Hospital
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Other cast members also paid tribute to their friend.
Stephen Nichols, who played Steve “Patch” Johnson, spoke of her on Instagram, calling her Mama Brady.
Well Peggy, this is unexpected. The last time I saw you, you talked about how eager you were to get back to work. You said it with such conviction and longing. Don’t worry, you gave the world plenty. Gave your audiences inspired performances and your fellow actors your strength and inspiration and absolute love of the work. I will miss you sweet, Peggy. I am so grateful for the time I had with you . Sending love to your loved ones. Rest In Peace. #days #mamabradyforever
McCay’s on-screen husband, Frank Parker, died last month from complications of Parkinson’s disease and dementia, TV Guide reported.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.