PITTSBURGH — To say that Pittsburgh’ers love their sports teams would be an understatement.
It doesn’t hurt that our city is home to three very successful professional franchises -- the Steelers, Penguins and Pirates!
Oh, and how could we forget the beautiful PNC Park, Consol Energy Center and Heinz Field?
- Police: Man trying to steal phone left trail of blood inside Walmart
- Fla. man looking for narcotics accidentally texts cop
- Utah twins are expecting twins about 2 weeks apart -- but that's not the crazy part
- Sidney Crosby, Penguins greet season ticket holders with surprise pick up at Consol Energy Center
So it should come as no surprise that according to WalletHub.com's list of 'Best and Worst Cities for Sports Fans,' Pittsburgh is the fourth-best city in America.
The make the list, WalletHub took into consideration football, basketball, baseball, hockey and soccer.
Pittsburgh was ranked the best city to be a hockey fan, the second-best city to be a baseball fan and the third-best city to be a football fan.
The city’s rankings of 85 for basketball and 95 for soccer kept it from taking the top spot.
The top 5 Best Cities for Sports Fans were:
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Denver, Colorado
- East Landing, Michigan
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Washington, D.C.
- Chicago, Illinois
- New York, New York
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
CLICK HERE to read the entire article and view the complete list of rankings.