RANKIN, Pa. - A man died after a shooting in Rankin, and police believe he was shot while answering the door.
Police were called shortly before 7 p.m. Monday to the 300 block of Fifth Avenue in response to a 911 call about the man shot.
Download the WPXI News App for crime alerts in your community
When emergency responders arrived, they found the 58-year-old man suffering from at least one gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office identified the man Tuesday as Wilbert Barber.
At this point, police believe the victim was shot through his door after responding to a knock. The motive is not clear.
- MASSIVE COCAINE BUST: Police discover $10 million of cocaine hidden in 2 cars
- Woman wrestling with her dogs dies after they turn aggressive, attack
- Man dies after being shot through door in Rankin
- VIDEO: Pittsburgh man charged in relation to South Florida prostitution ring
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.