OHIO - It’s been sold in Ohio for years, but now a state board said selling CBD oil is illegal, WHIO reported.
Cannabidiol oil is now considered marijuana under a new medical marijuana program.
Businesses on Ohio are now selling off their supplies, some at a discount, WHIO reported.
CBD oil comes from hemp or marijuana. Even though it doesn’t contain THC – the chemical that gives people a high, it is used by people with chronic conditions.
- 5-year-old dies in treadmill accident at home
- State police chopper stirs debris during Penn State crowd control
- Dunkin' Donuts, Harpoon Brewery launch coffee porter beer
- VIDEO: 400 guns stolen from UPS facility
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Now, the Ohio Board of Pharmacy said that all marijuana products, including CBD oil, can only be sold by a licensed medical marijuana dispensary, WHIO reported.
The move has some worried the regulations will inflate prices.
Anyone found with CBD oil in Ohio could face criminal charges.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.