PITTSBURGH - A dump truck overturned in Pittsburgh's Beechview neighborhood Sunday afternoon.
Police said it happened around 2 p.m. on Crane Avenue right off of Route 51. When officers arrived, the truck was spilling disel fuel, as well as the load of dirt the truck was carrying.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
The driver told police his truck began sliding backward on the steep hill and rather than hit the car behind him, he decided to downshift and overturned.
Police said the car that was behind the truck was not hit.
No one was injured.
Crane Avenue to the Brashear High School driveway will remain closed until the truck is towed.
The accident investigation unit will be investigating.
- 7 riders killed by truck were part of Marine veterans 'JarHeads' motorcycle club
- Man attacks woman with knife during fight on PAT bus, police say
- 'Dog the Bounty Hunter's' Beth Chapman in medically induced coma
- VIDEO: Century III Mall to be torn down
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.