PITTSBURGH — First responders injured in the Tree of Life Synagogue shooting were honored for their bravery Monday morning.
On Oct. 27, 2018, a gunman killed 11 people and injured several others, including first responders.
Six quilts were presented to those first responders at the Pittsburgh Police Department's Zone 4 station.
The quilts were created by quilting guilds across the area. Each quilt was made from hundreds of fabrics, representing the diversity of Pittsburgh, and how the city can work together for good.
- 6 firefighters hurt in massive fire that destroyed popular Penn Hills plaza
- Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting: 3 killed, 15 hurt when gunman opens fire; 1 suspect dead
- Police searching for driver who slammed into cars, house in West Mifflin
- Man gets JuJu Smith-Schuster's autograph tattooed on head
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Cox Media Group