Top Stories

Roof partially collapses as flames tear through kitchen, bath business in Scott Township

SCOTT TOWNSHIP, Pa. — Flames tore through the roof of a business late Tuesday night in Scott Township.

The blaze at Patete Kitchen & Bath Design Center on Route 50 sparked about 11:30 p.m., causing extensive damage to the shop and showroom areas. Part of the roof collapsed.

“We bought this building in 1989. We’ve been here for a long time. It’s completely destroyed inside,” Barry Erenrich, vice president of Patete Kitchen & Bath, said.

The last employees left the building about 9 p.m., so no one was inside when the fire started.

Customers will still be able to have their orders fulfilled, as the warehouse where materials are stored is a separate building.

“Everybody that purchased from us, we’re gonna be able to take care of. We’re gonna be able to keep operating. We may just need to do so from a remote location,” Erenrich said.

Files and project plans that were in the burnt building were saved.

“The fire marshal was able to grab all the plans of all the projects that were purchased, so we do have all of the information to keep operating and do what we need to do,” Erenrich said.

Firefighters had the fire out around 2 a.m., and all crews were gone by 4:30 a.m. It is unclear what caused it.

The business’ phone line is down as a result of the fire, but they’re working on getting another way for customers to contact them.

Comments on this article