General Mills is pulling some bags of flour from store shelves over E. coli concerns, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
The company announced it was voluntarily recalling five-pound bags of Gold Medal Unbleached All-Purpose Flour.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to for consumer news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
The recall only affects bags with a use by date of Sept. 6, 2020.
According to officials with General Mills, the flour could potentially contain E. coli. The bacteria was discovered during sampling of the product.
FDA officials said there have not been any reports of confirmed illnesses connected to the recall.
- Pirates closer Felipe Vazquez arrested, charged with solicitation of teen
- Steelers sign former first-round QB to practice squad, place Sean Davis on injured reserve
- Georgia homeowner shoots, kills 3 masked teens, deputies say
- VIDEO: Cokie Roberts dies after breast cancer battle
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.