WASHINGTON - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced King Arthur Flour, Inc. is recalling over 14,000 cases of flour because of possible E. coli bacteria in the product.
The FDA said the bags being recalled are five pound Unbleached All-Purpose Flour from six specific lot codes and three Best Used by Dates:
- BEST USED BY 12/07/19 LOT: L18A07C
- BEST USED BY 12/08/19 LOTS: L18A08A, L18A08B
- BEST USED BY 12/14/19 LOTS: L18A14A, L18A14B, L18A14C
The FDA said if you have any of these bags of flour, throw them away or take them back to the store for credit or a refund.
Agency officials said E. coli can cause gastrointestional issues, and some people can develop a form of kidney failure that can lead to death.
- Two 18-year-olds die after lightning strikes in park
- South Carolina woman accused of public intoxication while operating toy truck
- Traffic alert: Inbound Parkway East closing for the weekend
- VIDEO: Driver critically hurt when car crashes into fence, pole
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.