FOX CHAPEL, Pa. - A water main break sent feet of water pouring into neighbors' garages and yards.
The rushing water buckled a portion of the road, too.
Neighbors in Fox Chapel have quite a mess to clean up after last night’s water main break on Powers Run Road. Some can’t get out of their driveways and lost cars or had basements destroyed. The story at 11 on @WPXI pic.twitter.com/4uXyOesBQB— Amy Hudak (@amy_hudak) July 22, 2019
Some neighbors have totaled cars or can't get out of their driveways.
"You can see the water line on this car then up to about there," explained Tom Haykin. He showed Channel 11 the mess he's left to clean up.
"There is like slimey mud everywhere in the bottom of the house," he said. "I lost a 65 Corvette and a 2017 Grand Sport Corvette."
Chunks of buckled road floated into a pile in Haykin's driveway.
The water main break occurred right at the end of a neighbor's driveway where the road buckled. She said it was the fourth water main break she's dealth with and said Fox Chapel Water Authority needs to take more responsibility.
Because it was Sunday, WPXI was not able to get in touche with the Fox Chapel Water Authority.
- Costa Rican government issues warning on tainted alcohol, at least 19 dead
- Father killed after wave breaks his neck at North Carolina beach
- Troopers speak out against 'exit jumping' along interstates
- VIDEO: Police hold End of Watch Ceremony for Officer Calvin Hall
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.