ASPINWALL, Pa. - A pickup truck was pulled from a hole that opened up on an Aspinwall street early Wednesday morning amid a water main break.
The truck drove over the area where the break occurred on Center Avenue, at which point the hole opened beneath it. The truck’s front driver’s side tire became stuck.
Channel 11’s Jennifer Tomazic learned the driver was trying to get video of the break to send to the borough.
A tow truck was brought in to remove the truck.
Police moved some cars on the street so that crews could shut off the water.
About 10 homes on Center Avenue were without water service because of the break.
“Our neighbors next door have a water tank for rain collection, and they were giving us some water, at least for the commodes,” resident David Delong said.
Center Avenue was closed between Third and Fourth streets.
- Entire football team banned for season after parent body-slams referee
- Woman arrested for robbing bank inside local Giant Eagle
- Pa. state rep. introduces bill to legalize recreational marijuana for adults
- VIDEO: FBI Says Violent Offenses, Property Crimes Declined in 2017
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.