PITTSBURGH - The prom at Chartiers Valley had some star power from a Pittsburgh Steeler on Friday night.
SO COOL! How nice is this?! Thanks to Channel 11 viewer Brittany Babish for sending these! @TeamJuJu of the @steelers went to the Chartiers Valley prom & took pics with her daughter Isabella & little son Roman. Awesome! #GoSteelers #BlackAndGold #JUJU #Pittsburgh pic.twitter.com/Q9TNOJJlSK— Mike Holden (@WPXIMikeHolden) June 1, 2019
According to Channel 11 viewer Brittany Babish, Juju Smith-Schuster, wide receiver for the Steelers, showed up after a student asked him to go. Babish said the boy's date broke up with him prior to the iconic high school event, so Smith-Schuster said yes when asked.
Babish said they both wore matching green velvet tuxedos to prom.
Babish also said Smith-Schuster was more than happy to take photos with the students there, including her daughter.
Babish's daughter and her date were not the couple who broke up prior to the event.
Here's a video from another person at the prom showing the matching tuxedos:
Lisa Heis-Ankrom sent us this picture of the star wide receiver and her daughter.
- Virginia Beach Shooting: Police chief identifies mass shooting suspect
- Police: Woman charged with suffocating 3-year-old stepdaughter planned killing for days
- Cause of death released for Pittsburgh mother of 5 whose body was found near bridge
- VIDEO: Ben & Jerry's Hopes to Roll Out New CBD-Infused Ice Cream Flavor
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.