NEW YORK (AP)— Renowned astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson says he will cooperate fully with an "impartial investigation" into allegations of sexual misconduct that have been leveled against him.
Patheos.com recently published accounts from two women who say that Tyson behaved in a sexually inappropriate manner toward them. Tyson was host of "Cosmos: Possible Worlds" on Fox in 2014 and a new edition of the series was to air on National Geographic next year.
In a Facebook post Saturday, Tyson denied an accusation that he groped a woman and he denied that he made sexual advances toward a production assistant when he invited her to share wine and cheese at his home. He apologized for making the production assistant feel uncomfortable.
Fox and National Geographic Networks have said they will conduct a thorough investigation.
- Florida man accused of using license-plate cover to avoid tolls
- Deadly encounter at McKeesport body shop was over in 2 minutes, police say
- ‘Baby It's Cold Outside' removed from radio station's playlist
- VIDEO: Former President George H.W. Bush dies at 94
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.