PITTSBURGH - A new development on Pittsburgh's North Side could be the key to connecting people who live there with the Ohio River.
The Manchester neighborhood is within walking distance of the river, but there's one problem - there's no way for people to cross Route 65.
The highway sits directly between the residential portion of the North Side neighborhood and the river.
Now, they have banded together to try to find a solution to this problem.
One solution has been to work with the developer of the proposed North Shore Esplanade to have a bridge or tunnel built.
That developer, Millcraft Investments, has even gone as far as buying a plot of land on the Manchester side of Route 65 where the project could start.
- HAVE YOU SEEN HER? Police searching for owner of car involved in deadly Penn Hills hit-and-run
- Kennywood makes Potato Patch cheese change amid social media outrage
- The Pittsburgh region's highest-paid execs
- VIDEO: 1 killed when car flips on ramp to Fort Duquesne Bridge
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.