PITTSBURGH — Driver’s skills tests and motorcycle skills tests have resumed at reopened Driver License Centers around the state, PennDOT officials said.
Everyone can now schedule appointments to take the test. People who had tests cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic were given priority in rescheduling.
PennDOT officials said testing has been changed to reduce potential exposure of staff and customers to COVID-19:
- PennDOT staff will remain outside the vehicle during the entire skills test and the test taker and accompanying driver will remain in the vehicle.
- In yellow phase counties, the examiner will conduct basic health pre-screening of applicant. If the applicant is displaying any COVID-19 symptoms, the test will not be administered. There will be no pre-screening for customers in green counties.
- All customers and accompanying drivers must wear appropriate face masks during testing.
- Examiners will be required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment such as masks, gloves, eye protection during the exam.
- Examiners will utilize iPads during the administration of testing, which will be routinely disinfected using wipes or spray sanitizer.
© 2021 © 2020 Cox Media Group