The U.S. Attorney is calling it one of the largest cocaine distribution rings in western Pa. history, and now it is no more.
Seventeen people, most from the Pittsburgh area, were charged in the coast-to-coast drug organization.
According to the U.S. Attorney, the suspects received shipments of cocaine from Florida, sold it here, then shipped the proceeds back to the ring leader in Florida, Hector Forbes.
Federal investigators have not said how they were able to send such large quantities of drugs through the mail.
- 3 teens charged in MS-13 killing of 14-year-old girl used machete, baseball bat, police say
- Investigators: Late Ohio State team doctor abused 177 men
- ONLY ON 11: Local Uber driver describes being blindsided by police after night of driving
- VIDEO: Controversial new SAT scores
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.