PLUM BOROUGH, Pa. — Plum Borough’s post office has temporarily moved operations to Monroeville.
Retail services, post office box mail and other services at the Leechburg Road location were suspended Sept. 12. Services were moved to the post office on Monroeville Boulevard in Monroeville.
The move was necessary "due to recent conditions that required corrective measures, such as water damage from recent heavy rains, and for the safety and comfort of our employees and customers," Tad Kelley, a U.S. Postal Service spokesman for Western Pennsylvania, said.
Kelley said the Plum post office space is leased and the landlord is taking "corrective measures."
Window service hours at the Monroeville post office are 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday, and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday. A retail self-service kiosk is available in the lobby, which is open 24 hours a day.
- Pa. state rep. introduces bill to legalize recreational marijuana for adults
- Recall issued for ground beef sold at Safeway, Target, Sam's Club, death reported
- Teacher says she was fired after refusing to abide by 'no zero' policy
- VIDEO: Judge rules Cosby a 'sexually violent predator
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group