PITTSBURGH - There was a massive police response in a Pittsburgh neighborhood Sunday morning after an off-duty officer was shot multiple times.
The shooting happened on Monticello Street in Homewood around 1:30 a.m. Police said an argument in the street at a party in that area led to the gunfire.
A spokesperson for the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police told Channel 11 News the officer, Calvin Hall, 36, was taken to a hospital in critical condition. Hall was apparently visiting friends when he was shot multiple times.
Police said Hall previously worked for Braddock Police, and had been with Pittsburgh police for two years. Hall had also worked as a police officer for Point Park University.
- Police searching for man charged in 11-month-old's death
- 2 dead, dozens hurt after pendulum ride breaks at amusement park
- Woman hit by car after getting off bus in Pittsburgh neighborhood
- VIDEO: Police: Officer shoots, kills man who fired gun in midst of homicide investigation
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
High-ranked officials with the department are at the hospital with the injured officer.
Several people who were at a party were questioned by police, officials said.
No one has been arrested.
A car was towed from the area around 6:15 a.m. It's unclear how or if that car is connected to the shooting.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.