PITTSBURGH - One lane of the Parkway North was closed for a time Friday morning after a pursuit that started on I-79 near Carnegie.
CLEARED: Police activity on I-279 northbound at Mile Post: 2.5.— 511PA Pittsburgh (@511PAPittsburgh) November 29, 2019
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts for Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
State police said speeds reached 105 mph at one point as the driver of a black Dodge Charger Magnum, Walter Rohm, 50, refused to stop.
Troopers said Rohm flew down Greentree Hill and through the Ft. Pitt tunnels at 70-80 mph before continuing onto the Parkway North.
The Magnum was eventually boxed in by troopers who then wrestled Rohm to the ground.
Rohm was taken to the Allegheny County Jail and was charged with fleeing and eluding, and resisting arrest.
- Starling Marte on Pirates: ‘I would leave at this point'
- Local theater not allowed to show new Mr. Rogers movie, owner says
- Man, brother shot at by group of teens after catching them burglarizing cars in Pittsburgh
- VIDEO: Franklin Regional Marching Band performs in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.