Summer will look a lot different this year.
Communities are starting to cancel popular events, festivals and fairs because of COVID-19:
- Pittsburgh - Fourth of July fireworks
- Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix cancelled.
- Anthrocon 2020 - Canceled. Members can request refunds or roll over to next year.
- Brentwood- Fourth of July festivities cancelled.
- Butler - Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival cancelled
- Butler - Big Butler Fair cancelled, according to our news partners butlerradio.com.
- Canonsburg - All 4th of July activities canceled including the parade, park/pool events and the fireworks.
- Castle Shannon - Community Day and Memorial Day parade have been cancelled.
- Cranberry Township Community Days, which is usually held at a community park that is now closed, has been canceled.
- Fayette County - 2020 Fayette County Fair
- Greensburg - 2020 Westmoreland Fair
- Latrobe - The 46th annual Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival has been cancelled.
- Lawrenceville - The annual Independence Day parade has been canceled.
- Leetsdale - Fourth of July fireworks display canceled.
- McKeesport - Lincoln Place Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5321 has canceled its Memorial Day Parade and Service
- Mt. Lebanon - 4th of July celebration canceled
- Monroeville - Memorial Day and Independence Day festivities and services have been called off because planning would be “greatly hindered” by the statewide restrictions.
- New Castle - Annual Lawrence County Fair canceled.
- South Huntingdon- Renaissance Festival postponed to October 3.
- Three Rivers Arts Festival in downtown Pittsburgh was called off and will be held virtually instead.
- Washington - Washington County Agricultural Fair
- West View - Memorial Day parade canceled.
- Zelienople - Memorial Day service and 4th of July parade canceled.
Have questions about the spread of the coronavirus? We have an entire section dedicated to coverage of the outbreak. CLICK HERE for more.
© 2020 Cox Media Group