BELLE VERNON, Pa. - State health officials are warning of a rabid cat found in Belle Vernon.
Officials said the animal was found along State Route 51 a few days ago in the Westmoreland County area.
If you have a pet and think it might have come in contact with the cat, health authorities suggest talking to your veterinarian for advice.
Officials urge anyone who may have come in contact with the animal to call the Westmoreland County State Health Center at 724-832-5315 during business hours or 1-877-PA-HEALTH after hours.
- FBI looking for three of 33 people federally indicted on drug charges
- ‘What the heck?' Creepy creature shows up on security cam, leaves homeowner dumbfounded
- College student uses Snapchat's gender swap feature to catch cop accused of seeking underage hookup
- VIDEO: Triple shooting during graduation party at Airbnb leaves 1 dead
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.