SOMERSET, Pa. - Two officials at a local camp are accused of failing to report an alleged sexual encounter between a 16-year-old and an 11-year-old inside a cabin.
The alleged incident happened at TeenQuest in Somerset County earlier this year.
Police say Mark Witt, the executive director of the camp, knew about what happened after a family member told him, but he failed to report it to investigators. Jason Witt, who also works at the camp, is charged too.
Court papers say Jason Witt found out about the incident in early May. The documents also said because of Mark Witt's position, he is required to report suspected child abuse.
- 11th American tourist dies after falling ill in Dominican Republic
- Dad wears short shorts to teach his teen daughter a lesson
- Missing 3-year-old girl found dead in water at New York park, police say
- VIDEO: Woman finds wedding ring after it was thrown in the garbage
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.