Pittsburgh is a tight-knit town, and the sudden death of rapper Mac Miller sent shockwaves through the music community here and around the world.
Steelers running back James Conner is among those mourning the Point Breeze native, and he found a unique way to do it.
Thank you Mac. 🙏🏽💧 pic.twitter.com/gz9gkA7hBm— James Conner (@JamesConner_) September 15, 2018
Conner, an Erie native who played at the University of Pittsburgh, tweeted out several photos of a custom-made pair of cleats honoring Miller, real name Malcolm McCormick, who died last week of a suspected overdose at age 26.
The tweet simply read "Thank you Mac," with emojis of praying hands and a teardrop.
- Tropical Storm Florence: TV reporter stops Facebook Live to rescue dog
- Michigan officials discover 19-ton 'fatberg' in sewer line
- Live Updates: Tracking Tropical Storm Florence, impact on Pittsburgh area
- VIDEO: Crews battle row house fire in Harrison Township
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.