PITTSBURGH - A fire broke out early Wednesday morning under the Port Authority of Allegheny County T tracks along Arlington Avenue in Pittsburgh.
Officials said tents used by homeless people and debris below the tracks caught fire about 2 a.m.
Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control, but the extent of the damage was not immediately clear.
While the Arlington line will need to be inspected, the morning commute will not be impacted because the line is used for maintenance and not for rail traffic, according to the Port Authority.
- Girl Scout cookie ‘good Samaritan' arrested by DEA
- Steelers fan pleads guilty in viral fight involving headbutt at Heinz Field
- Family fighting to keep home after stranger from N.C. allegedly lists it for sale
- VIDEO: Mother, adult daughter charged with killing 5 relatives
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.