ROBINSON TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A water main break sent water shooting high above a home’s roof Wednesday morning in Robinson Township.
The break was reported about 5 a.m. on Clever Road, which was restricted to one lane for about four hours.
Four homes and one business were affected by the break. Service was restored by 9 a.m.
Wednesday was the second time in recent memory that crews were called to the area for a water main break.
“We were here. We fixed this before about a month ago, and so the hole was filled with stones. So we had stone all over the road, but we got that cleaned up to make the road passable,” said Shawn Bryan of the Municipal Authority of the Township of Robinson.
Officials said the age of the pipe and the cold weather contributed to Wednesday’s break.
- Buddy's Bar: ‘Elf'-inspired pop-up bar opening in Pittsburgh for 2 days
- Those vintage ceramic Christmas trees might be worth some serious money
- Light snow, rain moving into area Wednesday night
- VIDEO: 'Sesame Street' introduces homeless Muppet
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.