PITTSBURGH - Police have charged a woman they say sprayed bear repellent Monday causing hazmat to respond and evacuations at the University of Pittsburgh.
Police say they found two cans of Grizzly Tough Bear Spray Assault in Mary Siegert’s coat.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how
She claims one of the cans just went off inside the Eureka Building on Forbes Avenue in Oakland.
First responders treated six people who said their eyes, noses and throats were burning.
Siegert is charged with risking a catastrophe.
- Shooting victim in bullet-ridden SUV flags down police
- Horrified mother watches son, boyfriend drown as powerful rip current drags them out to sea
- Boy sells popcorn to raise money for his grandfather's medical expenses
- VIDEO: Bats being wiped out in PA causing more bugs in your backyard
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.