WHEELING, W.Va. - Authorities in West Virginia say a woman has died after being hit by a truck then dragged under another vehicle for miles.
Wheeling Police Department spokesman Philip Stahl says officers received a report on the initial crash around 6:30 a.m. Thursday.
He says the first driver told police he thought he hit someone, but officers couldn’t find a body. The department then received another call around 15 minutes later about a body being dragged by a separate vehicle on an interstate exit ramp nearly 5 miles (8 kilometers) away.
The woman has been identified as 54-year-old Michelle Lynn Czoka of Bridgeport, Ohio.
Police are still investigating.
- Local woman's tragic story an example of alarming trend that's concerning doctors, expectant mothers
- Collision between trains causes massive derailment in Hempfield
- Man dies after large trench collapse in Washington County
- VIDEO: Local couple gets married in hospital ICU after man's sudden heart issues
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.