Pennsylvania firefighters rescue toddler who got head stuck in angel food cake pan

LEWISTOWN, Pa. — You cannot pan the effort of these central Pennsylvania firefighters.

>> Read more trending news

Members of the Junction Fire Company in Lewistown came to the rescue of a 2-year-old girl who got her head stuck inside an angel food cake pan on Monday, WGAL-TV reported.

Erin Meixel was forced to call 911 when her daughter got her head stuck while playing with the pan, which had its middle section removed, according to the television station.

“She wore it kind of like a shawl around her shoulders until the firemen got there,” Meixel told WGAL. “She was a trooper. She was still able to eat and drink while she had this tin around her.”

Firefighters used tin snips to cut the cake pan in two places, allowing them to remove it from the child’s head, the television station reported.

It took about five minutes to free the young girl, according to WHP.

Apparently, these unusual incidents run in the family. Meixel told WGAL that she got her legs stuck in a plastic chair when she was a child.