Sam Lafferty, a Hollidaysburg, Pa. native, will make his NHL debut when the Penguins face the Jets Tuesday at 7:08 p.m. at PPG Paints Arena.
Lafferty's recall was almost a given after it was announced that both Evgeni Malkin and Nick Bjugstad will be out "longer term," per Mike Sullivan, after suffering lower-body injuries in Saturday's 7-2 win over the Blue Jackets. After Lafferty's success as a rookie on Wilkes-Barre/Scranton last season --13 goals, 36 assists in 70 games, a point shy of team leader Ethan Prow -- his readiness for the next step was clear.
- Nearly a dozen arrested after yearslong drug investigation
- Penn State responds to letter criticizing football player's hair
- Florida woman who burned down 3,500-year-old tree while smoking meth arrested on drug charges
- VIDEO: Groundbreaking new treatment helping people with tremors
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
DK Pittsburgh Sports