Penguins goalie Matt Murray is suffering from a concussion, the team tweeted Tuesday morning.
He was held out of Tuesday practice.
"The injury happened in practice yesterday," head coach Mike Sullivan said Tuesday. "There is currently no timetable on his return."
Sullivan said the team has confidence in Murray's backups.
"It’s at times like these where we have to rely on our depth, and we believe in the group that we have," he said. "I think both Casey (DeSmiith) and Tristan (Jarry) have shown that they’re NHL-caliber goalies."
Murray has suffered at least two other concussions in his professional career.
- Nikki Haley has resigned as Ambassador to U.N., reports say
- Man tries to finance $100,000 vehicle with fake ID at local dealership
- McKeesport police asking for help to find missing teen
- VIDEO: Argument over ladder leads to shooting, standoff
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Cox Media Group