The Duchess of Sussex is apparently on her way to the U.S. to watch her friend Serena Williams as the tennis star competes for her 24th Grand Slam singles title.
Multiple media outlets are reporting Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, will be in the stands when Williams takes on Canada's Bianca Andreescu in the finals Saturday. The tournament is being held at Arthur Ashe Stadium.
The trip to New York makes the first time the new mom has left Archie since he was born in May, the "Today" show reported.
This isn't the first time in recent months that the duchess was in the stands to watch her friend play. Williams was unable to be at Archie's christening because she was playing at Wimbledon in July. Meghan attended one of the matches. according to "Today."
Meghan will be flying on a commercial airline for her trip across the pond, People magazine reported. The trip comes weeks after she and Prince Harry flew on a private jet for a family trip to Elton John's home in France.
- DA: Woman who abducted toddler was only person involved in her death, evidence shows
- Possible threat made by elementary school student investigated in South Park
- Firefighters called to warehouse where flames previously destroyed luxury cars
- VIDEO: Brashear High School to be on modified lockdown Friday after alleged threat
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.