A French inventor has flown across the English Channel on a hoverboard.
It took Franky Zapata just over 20 minutes to make the trip from France to England on August 4.
Zapata is a former jet ski racing champion who tried to cross the channel on his hoverboard in July, but he missed a refueling platform and fell into the sea.
- Pittsburgh-area man among those killed in Dayton mass shooting
- Dayton, Ohio shooting: 10 people dead, 30 wounded when gunman attacks bar
- Police searching for woman accused of stealing from Walmart, taking purse from cart in parking lot
- Veteran and his family have new place to call home thanks to nonprofit
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
He said he worked 15 to 16 hours a day rebuilding his 'flyboard air' machine.
For his next challenge, Zapata says he is working on a flying car.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.