Timothy Glenn Painter, 26, was arrested Friday and charged with eight counts of receiving stolen goods and one count of grand larceny, the Greensville County Sheriff’s Office said in a Facebook post.
- Man linked to slain teacher Rachael DelTondo found unconscious
- 'Game of Thrones' fans spot plastic water bottles in series finale
- 3 men from W. Pa. among 16 arrested in child sex sting
- VIDEO: Woman, 22, collapses, dies while running Cleveland Marathon
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
After obtaining a search warrant, investigators discovered the stolen goods Friday in tunnels on property in Piedmont, the Greenville Journal reported.
Some of the stolen property included heavy construction equipment, transport trailers, vehicles, power tools and construction material, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
Investigators believe Painter used some of the equipment to dig the tunnels, Sheriff’s Office spokesman Lt. Ryan Flood told the Greenville News.
Painter’s sister, Breanna Painter, told WSPA her brother had an addiction problem, but the family knew nothing about the tunnels.
”He’s not always been this person. He has worked his butt off for what he’s owned,” Breanna Painter told the television station. “I mean, drugs completely take a toll in life and makes you a completely different person.”
© 2019 Cox Media Group.