News

Case moves forward against 18-year-old charged in connection with deadly McKeesport shooting

The case against Davon Flewellen-Belton will move forward after a judge waived his preliminary hearing Monday morning. Flewellen-Belton, 18, faces weapons charges in connection with a deadly shooting earlier this month in McKeesport’s Crawford Village.

Channel 11 asked Flewellen-Belton Monday if he had a gun the afternoon of March 1. He said, “No,” but Allegheny County police say he did have a gun — illegally — the day he and two other people were shot. Flewellen-Belton was the only one who survived.

PHOTOS: Massive police presence investigating multiple shooting scenes in McKeesport

A criminal complaint references surveillance video that police said shows Jordan Eubanks outside of his apartment, talking to a group of people, when Jerred Duncan punched him in the face. Police say Eubanks pulled out a gun and fired toward Duncan. Eubanks and Duncan died.

Eubanks’ mother spoke with Channel 11 days after her son’s death, saying her son was a licensed gun owner who returned fire after he was shot while asking the group of men outside to leave. She remembers the last conversation she had with her son.

“He answered the phone. He said, ‘Mom I’m doing all right, I just got up. I’ll see you later.’ I said, ‘Son, if you go out be careful and I love you,’” said Ebony Smith.

Police say Flewellen-Belton was shot in leg and also fired a gun, but told them he did it because his father was being shot at. Police say there was already an active warrant for Flewellen-Belton before the shooting. He now faces weapons charges, which were held for court.

A formal arraignment is set for May 11.

Download the FREE WPXI News app for breaking news alerts.

Follow Channel 11 News on Facebook and Twitter. | Watch WPXI NOW

0
Comments on this article
0