Marisue Morgan, and her husband Randy Lee, were participants in a Civil War re-enactment when a bolt of lightning hit the tent they were sitting in.
Marisue said the lightning burned a hole through her sweater. She also said the lightning burned her left arm.
"It was unbearable," Marisue said. "I lost the hearing in my right ear for a while."
"I felt everything," Randy Lee said. "Like I was being electrocuted, you know, going through my body."
The Morgans were treated at a Gettysburg hospital.
Despite the scare this year, they said they still plan on returning for next year's re-enactments.