PITTSBURGH — With construction projects set to resume according to rules issued by Gov. Wolf, the City of Pittsburgh is issuing new guidance ahead of Friday.
Have questions about the spread of the coronavirus? We have an entire section dedicated to coverage of the outbreak. CLICK HERE for more.
For permit holders and applicants to safely get back to their projects, the Deparments of Mobility and Infrastructure and Permits, Licenses and Inspections have some new rules:
For work in the public right-of-way (ROW):
- All permit holders who suspended work must submit adjusted dates prior to resuming construction by contacting DOMIpermits@pittsburghpa.gov with the permit number and anticipated restart date.
- Applications for new permits for construction in the right-of-way can be found online at https://pittsburghpa.gov/domi/right-of-way
- Right-of-way permits will join OneStopPGH on May 11. To assist in the transition to the new permit system, all permit applications received after May 6th OR with a planned start date later than May 24th will be processed in OneStopPGH. OneStopPGH will utilize the City Council-approved 2020 ROW Fee Schedule.
- Enforcement of “No Parking” signs is limited given the ongoing COVID-19 health emergency. Applicants utilizing authorized “No Parking” signs should review additional guidelines online during continued stay-at-home orders.
For permits for buildings and structures:
- PLI temporary COVID-19 procedures are published here: https://pittsburghpa.gov/pli/index.html; please check regularly for updates.
- These procedures include special job-site requirements for PLI inspector safety.
- Inspection requests will only be accepted through the OneStopPGH portal: https://onestoppgh.pittsburghpa.gov/.
- Permits will begin to be issued May 1, 2020. Given the current backlog, it may take several business days to issue all permits in the queue.
- PLI maintains full service at the OneStopPGH portal: https://onestoppgh.pittsburghpa.gov/.
- Please refer to: https://pittsburghpa.gov/onestoppgh/phase-two.html for OneStopPGH tutorials.
© 2020 Cox Media Group